Wednesday 19 November 2014

My 17th Birthday


It was my 17th birthday yesterday, and I took some lovely photos after sixth form when Jess and Abbie came over, and I wanted to share some of them with you!
We had to wake up early this morning and I think it is fair to say that this was something my sister could not cope with too well.
When we all arrived at my house, my Mum showed me the beautiful cake she had made me, and of course, I had to have a cheesy picture with it because, why not?



Two princesses
The chocolate cake my Mum made was beautiful, and sprayed gold with edible paint around the edges.



Pushing my hair back because I came SO close to getting my hair caught in the flames.








My sister is quite the little photographer!
Mum kindly put together bits of buffet food...

And then it was time for...


!!!!!!!!


I saw this game advertised when watching I'm a Celebrity Get Me Out of Here on Sunday night, and I  knew that we just had to play it on my birthday.


It is basically like a game of snakes and ladders...



Except for when you go up a ladder you get nice food...

Marshmallows


Chocolate Brownies
And when you go down a snake, you get something gross...

Monkey vomit, ant agonise and toad spawn sauces

Snot Balls: Sour Green Cream Profiteroles


Witchetty grubs: some strange concoction that I can only remember consisting of spinach and garlic powder... 

Wiggly worms: Textured fish/egg whites, dyed with squid ink
Jess gave her best look of disapproval.



Jess was the first to go down a snake, leaving us all on the edge of our seats.





She chose a wiggly worm...





And then it was my sister, Georgia, who went for a witchetty grub...




She spat it out into a bowl which was one of the most disgusting things I have ever witnessed; "It looks like Shrek has been blended".


Jess went again and chose the toad spawn.






And then, me...


I had two goes in a row :( The first, the wiggly worm, the second, Ant Agonise sauce.


The wiggly worm tasted of sour play dough, and the texture was vile and it felt almost alive in your mouth.


The Ant Agonise sause literally tasted of gone off barbecue sauce with bits in, with the texture of jelly. This lingered in my mouth and throat for the longest time and brought me to tears!



Abbie and my Mum both won without having to take any forfeits, so they both took one for the team. Abbie went for the snot ball.




Traumatised
My Mum was brave and tried both the witchetty grubs and the snot ball.


She described the snot ball as similar to what you'd imagine rotten yoghurt to taste like, and the witchetty grub was impossible to swallow.

Begging for mercy




 I had such a great birthday and I'm so grateful to all of my family and friends for making it so special. Happy Birthday to anybody else reading that just so happens to share a birthday with me! Please like and follow me on bloglovin' to stay updated on all of my posts! Thanks for reading,
-Megs x




No comments:

Post a Comment